Ajar. by hennethgalad

| | |

Fanwork Notes

for the "sitcom" challenge "Is This Thing Still On ?"

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Even on the night of his wedding, Hador turns to Fingolfin.

Major Characters: Fingolfin, Hador, Lalwen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Sitcom

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 572
Posted on 22 September 2018 Updated on 22 September 2018

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is beautiful;  tragedy presented with such compassion.  I particularly liked the way you depicted elvish pondering of mortality.  It's hard for mortals to present a realistic-seeming  account of how immortals might see us (for we really cannot know how they might).

I am less familiar with this part of the Silmarillion, especally the Edain.  I had to look up Hador!  

One is always learning.  Thanks.

thankyou for your kind words :) 

ah well, if you want more Hador, i've written a whole series called 'Hador Lórindol', mostly from the pov of Fingolfin. 

the Silmarillion has - 

page 172: Hador joins household of Fingolfin, who loves him and gives him Dor-lómin. 

page 177: Hador slain at Dagor Bragollach 

page 178: Fingolfin rides off alone and attacks Morgoth.

 

it was so 'Achilles and Patroclus at Troy' that i just had to...

Oh dear! This is so very tragic.

I must confess I don't know much about Hador-still very much a student of the Edain side of the Silmarillion. Fingolfin on the other hand is one of my favorites.

My heart was breaking for him here. A love he could not have no matter how much his heart yearned for it.

I felt too that Irime was trying to save her brother from the heartache, what little she could.