What Once Was by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Speed write for the Notion Club challenge - not what I actually meant to write, which was longer and more involved and will possible be added as further chapter(s).

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Arwen and Erestor have unearthed something interesting in the library of Imladris,

Major Characters: Arwen, Elrond, Erestor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Notion Club Revival

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 533
Posted on 14 September 2019 Updated on 14 September 2019

This fanwork is a work in progress.

Table of Contents

I beg indulgence on the formatting, which I intend to fix once I’m back from holiday - I’m currently writing and posting from a mobile device. 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I thought at first it might be going to be Curufin, but Celebrimbor makes even more sense! I had momentarily forgotten he would be already dead by the time Arwen was around. Nice to see her embarking on research like that!

I'm intrigued by the hint of possible further chapters.

(I can't spot anything wrong with the formatting.)

<i>Arwen brightened at the reminder that there would come a day when they would join their kin across the Sea, and have access to so much more information and sources than they did in the three hundredth year of the Third Age in Eriador.</i>

That was a sad little reminder of her sacrifice.

I wouldn't have expected Celebrimbor. I am wondering who I did suspect. Someone who wanted to take a wall city or castle. Seemed to me like Celebrimbor was always on the other side.

Initially, I wondered whether Arwen and Erestor suspected that Elros might have doodled on an old manuscript! XD Celebrimbor makes more sense though. Nice take on the prompt!

I didn't even realise it until Oshun pointed it out, but ouch, now I'm a bit sad that Arwen won't get to interview the suspects after all. It's only a tiny part of her sacrifice, but it all adds up...