Stories of the Sindar

Series compiled by oshun

| | |

I write mainly about the Noldor. And even writing about them, write mainly about the Feanorians and those who love them. This is my collection of stories featuring the Sindar and those who love them.

Series Information

Summary:

I write mainly about the Noldor. And even writing about them, write mainly about the Feanorians and those who love them. This is my collection of stories featuring the Sindar and those who love them.

Major Characters: Beleg, Beren, Celeborn, Daeron, Elu Thingol, Haldir, Huan, Lúthien Tinúviel, Mablung, Maglor, Melian, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Genre: Drama, General, Romance

Challenges:


Fanworks in "Stories of the Sindar"

This is a Writing fanwork

Mereth Aderthad by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Newest Chapter: 8 - "Promises and Negotiations." This is the story of the events of the Feast of Reuniting. A continuation of my interpretation of the tales of the Noldor in the First Age, focusing principally, but not solely upon Fingon and Maedhros. (See Maitimo and Findekáno and A New Day, which precede this one in the story cycle.) I'd like to thank the writers of the Lizard Council, including IgnobleBard, Elfscribe, Erulisse, Russandol, Hallbera, Lilithlessfair, Surgical Steel, and particularly Pandemonium. Also, want to thank Spiced Wine for her ongoing support of this story.

MEFA 2009,  First Place - Elves: Incomplete

This is a Writing fanwork

Strange Magic by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Daeron questions Lúthien’s use of magic and simultaneously feels attracted to her for the first time.

This is a Writing fanwork

A Vault of Topless Trees by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Prompt for B2MeM Day 5, Menegroth: Write a story that will illustrate the consequences of isolation. Galadriel stays in Doriath, while Finrod leaves without her. Thank you so much to the writers of the Lizard Council for suggestions and corrections.

This is a Writing fanwork

Will Overruled By Fate by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Haldir meets Beleg in Valinor and each comes to terms with his past. Slash. (Warning: Could conceivably be called a LotR/Silmarillion crossover, although it is primarily based upon The Silmarillion.) Written in response to a request by Kenaz for the Ardor in August 2008 fic swap: “ . . . an encounter between an Elf recently released from the Halls of Mandos and an Elf who has recently come to Valinor from Middle-earth. . . . struggling to acclimate themselves to a new place and time, and trying to relate to each other . . . . love to see Haldir meet Beleg.” Betas: Pandemonium, IgnobleBard and Lissa

* * * *

MEFA 2009, Second Place - Elves: General

This is a Writing fanwork

The Sorceress’ Apprentice by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Lúthien encourages Galadriel to approach Melian for tutoring.

This is a Writing fanwork

Be A Man by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

B2MeM 2011, 3/1, Seduction: Write a story where seduction plays a central role.  Celeborn/Elu Thingol. Celeborn accepts that he has lost Elu to Melian the Maia. This may be read as existing in the same universe as my story Will Overruled by Fate wherein Celeborn admits to Haldir that he had loved Elu Thingol in his youth.

This is a Writing fanwork

The Feast of Reuniting by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Written to the prompt to start a story with Charles Dickens' opening line from A Tale of Two Cities: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." (Perhaps, it could be read as a non-spoilery trailer for my Mereth Aderthad.)

This is a Writing fanwork

Lúthien Meets Beren by oshun

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

MEFA 2011 Third Place in Romance, Smaug's Treasure Award
Rivendell, Day 19, write a story or create a piece of artwork centered on meetings or reunions. (This one is a very soft R-rated piece.) I always wondered what Lúthien saw in that grubby unwashed Beren. Shallow person that I am, I figured he had to have been hot and had a sense of humor at very least.

This is a Writing fanwork

Challenges: 30-Day Character Study by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

I am going to use this space for my contributions: meta, notes, links to stories, and to artwork. Rating will be teens or lower.