Turning by Tethys Resort

Fanwork Information

Summary:

King Thingol sets the doom of Doriath into motion.  And Galadriel and Celeborn argue. 

Major Characters: Celeborn, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: True Leader

Rating: General

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 150
Posted on 7 August 2020 Updated on 7 August 2020

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Excellent!

Love this:

The Girdle protected and sheltered and within its bounds all remained unwithered and untouched by Morgoth.  But within its bounds all stagnated slowly too, becoming set in its ways.  It was so slow that the elves that remained within Menegroth never noticed the change.  Even those who watched the borders barely noticed; Morgoth’s evil permeated the air at the Edge and muddled the signs. 

The Girdle was outside Time. 

Really well described!

For the prompt I wanted to write about characters and time frames I hadn't yet.  I've always been a little fascinated with Galadriel and Celeborn because their history is so complex by the time you get to LOTR and then they are barely mentioned as they wander around Beleriand in the Silm!  But yeah, the decision to go East is a painful one.

Oh, there's an interesting thought - the Girdle dropping, even if only for a moment, when Thingol twined his fate with the Silmaril.

Glad to see that Celeborn and Galadriel had at least a tentative resolution to their fight.