The Illgotten Son by Gadira

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Marked preference for the "War of the Jewels" version (where Eöl is an escaped thrall of Morgoth and Aredhel is less than willing to become his wife)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Aredhel, princess of the Noldor, gets lost in the forest of Nan Elmoth and is forced to marry Eöl, the Dark Elf. Bound by an oath of revenge, she lives on to bear his son, and tries to make him hate his father. My oldest fic... or the oldest fic I´m ready to show anyway.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Ecthelion of the Fountain, Eöl, Idril, Maeglin, Turgon

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Incest, Rape/Nonconsensual Sex, Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 14 Word Count: 30, 404
Posted on 6 June 2007 Updated on 6 June 2007

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

 

This has been completely rewritten. (the notes have been used again, though)

Thanks to Margit for her beta.

The scenarios of this chapter were written following very closely Tolkien´s unfinished story "Of Tuor and his coming to Gondolin." All changes are deliberate.

Thanks to Margit for her beta, and to Finch for turning Aredhel into a woman again. :).

This has been written four years after the rest. Tolkien text is directly quoted in some very few passages, bleh bleh.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.