A Nerdanel Series

Series compiled by oshun

| | |

I am working on a few pieces about Nerdanel. So I will add them here as I finish. There is not nearly enough about her in The Silmarillion in comparison with her importance to the main storyline.

Series Information

Summary:

I am working on a few pieces about Nerdanel. So I will add them here as I finish. There is not nearly enough about her in The Silmarillion in comparison with her importance to the main storyline.

Major Characters: Anairë, Eärwen, Fëanor, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Finwë, Indis, Míriel Serindë

Major Relationships:

Genre: Drama, General, Romance

Challenges:


Fanworks in "A Nerdanel Series"

This is a Writing fanwork

A Kindred Heart by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Indis meets Nerdanel and responds to her. References to: Noldorin society in Valinor during the Years of the Trees, sons, husbands, art, family dynamics and dysfunctionality, even a brief mention (non-graphic) of childbirth/labor. Started a while ago, but finished at this time in response to the  legendarium ladies april event on Tumblr.

This is a Writing fanwork

Five Times Nerdanel Said 'Yes' by oshun

Warnings: Expletive Language, Sexual Content (Mild)

This was written for the SWG 5th Birthday celebration based on the Theme: Five Things, updated to include numerous B2MeM 2012 prompts. Chapter 8 added (30 March 2018).

This is a Writing fanwork

Nothing To Forgive by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

This was inspired by Jenny Dolfen’s lovely painting of Nerdanel and Maedhros called “Forgiveness.” The artist and I interpret the canon slightly differently. I call mine “Nothing To Forgive.”

This is a Writing fanwork

Like Mother, Like Son by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Day 18 of the Back to Middle-earth Month challenge. Prompt: “your character is in bed and he or she awakes to a future leader, heir, or current leader standing outside the window, staring into your character's face with a giant smile.”

Summary: Fëanor is in the dog house, but his heir does not mind. A double drabble (200 words as counted by MS Word).

 

This is a Writing fanwork

For as Long as It Takes by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

A significant encounter between Nerdanel and Indis introduces a new chapter in their lives. Written for silmladylove’s second annual 2015 Tolkien Femslash Week on Tumblr. The romance herein is not explicit, but foreshadowed. I do have an untold story of these two women rattling around in my head that I will continue. I had hopes when I wrote my story A Kindred Heart that the astute reader would guess it could contain the seeds of something like this.

Many thanks to Elleth and also to Everyonelovesaloser for Beta reading this ficlet for me.

This is a Writing fanwork

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

For the April-May A Woman's Sceptre Challenge. Prompt:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou

Fëanáro remembers Nerdanel. A story of redemption. If you do not like Fëanor, you will probably not want to read it.

 

 

This is a Writing fanwork

Companions on a Quest by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

Basically a story of Fëanor and Nerdanel meeting and beginning to fall for one another. But, secondarily, a story of Mahtan's household and his relationship with his apprentices, featuring his wife also.

Hero’s Journey Challenge – May-June 2017 – submitting this one to meet the deadline, although I would very much like to expand and continue the story. It should have been much longer, but I met all of the required prompts. I've enjoyed working in this world I have begun to build. I love the characters and the backstory I created, seventy percent of which I am not able to use in this short story--due to lack of time and organizational skills(!! we won't talk about chronic writers' block). I hope readers can enjoy it as a stand-alone, but I definitely will return! I am (maddeningly perhaps) leaving my full cast at the end of the story as a teaser.

Many thanks to IgnobleBard for his careful Beta and putting up with a formidable amount of b.s. and dysfunctionality!

This is a Writing fanwork

The Manly-hearted Woman by oshun

Warnings: No warnings apply

This is a story of Haleth. The challenge it meets requires that one write a story based upon one of the SWG bios about a character one has never written before. I owe many writers for my inspiration, but mainly those who have written Caranthir/Haleth stories I have read and enjoyed over the long years I have been reading Silmarillion fanfiction. I did write the original SWG bio of Haleth, but I wrote it so many years ago that I thought someone else might have written it, until I opened it to consult it for source material (it’s definitely one of mine). This is a story complete in itself, but I do reserve the right to add an epilogue.

And once again, I must thank IgnobleBard for his Beta read at the last minute!

This is a Writing fanwork

I've Hungered for Your Touch by oshun

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Caranthir is offered a chance to read an unpublished diary entry. It’s a copy of a recently discovered ancient manuscript apparently written by Haleth the Hunter. It’s a follow-up to my previous story The Manly-hearted Woman, but can be read independently of that one. It is also an entry in the SWG Challenge Just an Old-Fashioned Love Song. (“...use a popular love song as a prompt to inspire a fanwork about romantic or sexual love. You will choose your own prompt from the list of love songs below.” I chose "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers: video | lyrics).