How Careless by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Summary: In observance of the International Day of Femslash (July 19, 2008): Galadriel/Aredhel, a true drabble. According to my research there is one year between the births of these two women, with Galadriel being the younger. Why femslash these two? Why not? They both seem adventurous, rebellious even, and I would imagine quite close in their youths.

Major Characters: Aredhel, Galadriel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: International Day of Femslash 2008

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 117
Posted on 19 July 2008 Updated on 19 July 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I’ve always had a thing for Galadriel/Aredhel, but I’ve never been able to find any, so this has seriously made my day.  And I liked your interpretation very much.  :)  You should write femslash more often.

Thanks Feta! I have a thing for them also. They stand out as such strong characters when there is such a lack of attention to women. I also think they must have spent an incredible amount of time together when they were young women. (When Aredhel wasn't chasing after those Fëanárion brothers, trying to be one of the guys. I like that about her also, actually.)

Every time I read this, I smile.  I know how much you, ummm, "love" drabbles, but you have written a wonderful scene here and have captured distinct personalties of these Noldorin grand dames in a sweetly humorous and romantic setting. 

I love Aredhel's final remarks on Artanis.   And really, why not?

Alma-Tadema's picture is a perfect accompaniment to this drabble! 

Thanks! I really do have to stop trashing drabbles. I like them for myself to get those bits of characterization down that I haven't had a chance to write yet. I have thought about both of these women, but had little opportunity to use them yet.

(I liked the picture too, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to center. It centered nicely on my LJ with the same formatting. Oh, well.)

Thanks again.

I have to agree; Galariel and Aredhel, why not? They make a lovely pair in this and again the sensuality shines in this. I love the glimpses of the two women's personalities shown in this story and you convey a lot with only a few words. I like the argueing between the two lovers. I also love the artwork you chose to go with your story.