Do You Believe in Ghosts? by oshun

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Happy 2008 Halloween Birthday to IgnobleBard, dear friend, generous and stalwart Beta, who loves scary stories. Credit goes to DarthFingon for the prompt from a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon of the same name. Warnings: language you might expect from a house filled with testosterone-challenged males; references to sexual intimacy, both het and slash, but no explicit content.

MEFA 2009, First Place - Humor: Children

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Caranthir, Celegorm, Curufin, Fëanor, Fingon, Maedhros, Maglor, Nerdanel

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Horror, Humor

Challenges: Ankle Biters

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Expletive Language

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 2, 599
Posted on 21 October 2008 Updated on 21 October 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a wonderful birthday present! I love this story. It has all my favorite elements, humor, the threat of ghosts, twins, Maitimo and Findekano sneaking off for some nookie... Oops, looks like you owe me another story. *grin*

It's so nice of you to remember my birthday with the best present of all, your writing. Thanks so much!

I am so happy you liked it. I'll have to think about that scene down by the willow tree with Fingon and Maedhros (companion piece? or something like that). You certainly deserve a story and more for what you put up with out of me. Still Beta reading everything when I argue every point! (I think I getting a little better at that. Maybe?) I am grateful though.

I can't get enough of this so I'll add it to my favorites.   You had me melting with all the Feanorian family scenes.  All the sweetness and wholesomeness seem to balance about the ominous events that will happen much, much later.  

The brotherly interaction and the lines, plus the still-very-passionate sex life of their parents was a major crowd pleaser for this Feanorian fan girl. 

 

Thanks again and again. I know, Turko is one of those brothers who just can\'t help himself! Glad you like the baby line--that was truly appalling, but rather the way kids think.\r\n\r\n--Can they just stay this way forever?--My sentiments exactly. I think that is why I like to write them young.

Loved Fëanor's precise description of the "unearthly sounds", how typical.  Gotta love Celegorm's "selfless" offer to stay with the twins here.  Reading the many multi-dimensional stories in SWG often make me wish that we can make a movie out of them, and your inclusion of the comic strip and the video addressed those wishes in a way.  Looking forward to more Fëanorian family goodness. 

Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Angelica. I had a lot of fun with it. And I did get some nudges from friends. Claudio/DarthFingon has offered me outrageous story pompts in the past, but this time I took him up on it and it actually worked. Can't take credit for the hedgehogs either. I did write the story all by myself!

Hilarious!  I've read this a few times now, just because it makes me chuckle.  So many good lines in here, not the least of which is Fëanáro's predilection for precise language.  The earthiness of the family is a hoot, and I'm very much taken with the pater and mater familias.

And the hedge hogs -- ha!  I think we Yanks are missing out on something there. 

Thanks for commenting again here. So glad you liked the parents. In a very real sense this is my first Nerdanel and Fëanor story. Someday I would like to write more about them. Complete silliness written to an outrageous challenge, but still fits the canon of my stories of the House of Fëanor and their nearest and dearest.