Lintaran by Los Gloriol

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celegorm (Tyelkormo for those picky like me), goes forth to hunt in the Forest of Orome. On this particular day he encounters the mighty stag, Lintarin, whom he battles. This story is in the style of a folklore. At least that is what I was trying to convey. Celegorm is not always cooperative.

Major Characters: Celegorm

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 666
Posted on 27 November 2008 Updated on 27 November 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I like this one a lot and will add it to my favorites.  A good view of what Celegorm must have been busy with back in Valinor!  Such a shame sometimes that Feanor had to create the silmarils! ;-D   Plus, I personally believe the Feanorians are not all bad...  I wonder though if what Celegorm said about "claiming what is his in the end" is prophetic...

PS.  Any piece about Tyelkormo brings out the "fancrone-itis" in me.  Looking forward to more stuff about my favorite Feanorians (?). 

I like this! Celegorm hunting the king stag, and an agreement between them that the hunt itself is a key part of their nature... interesting!

A hunter who can speak to his prey is clearly a far more complex character than most people portray. That was very well done :D

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback :) Celegorm isn't exactly the best loved character but I find him fascinating, as I do all the Feanorians.

I don't think they are all bad. I think it is a very complex thing that happened to them. It would be wrong to say they had no saving graces. Where would the Silmarillion be without the sons of Feanor?

This is wonderful!  You definitely hit the mark in crafting a folkloric tone, tapping into the ancient legends from Northern Europe and the symbol of the king stag.  The dialogue between hunter and prey is a fascinating, and the stag's thoughts of regret at the loss of his worthy foe speak to a very old archetype.  Very nice!