Last Alliance by Isil Elensar

Fanwork Information

Summary:

For a few moments in time, a soldier in the Last Alliance remembers the woman he left behind.

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 694
Posted on 7 December 2008 Updated on 7 December 2008

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Very atmospheric and you do a good job of showing some of the gritty realities of war that are so often glossed over. You could add to the range of sensory insults by saying more about the extremes of the elements, the dirt and the smell but otherwise it's good to read about an ordinary soldier during an extraordinary battle.

The weight of a seven year siege is hard to imagine, but your "Last Alliance" addresses a slice of the realities of this through your protagonist, Guran, and his yearnings for his lover and home.  Very poignant and also a timeless theme that reaches from JRRT's secondary world to our primary one.  As an aficionado of this event and era (but predominantly from those left behind), I really enjoyed this.