Into Exile by Aiwen

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Elendil's arrival in Middle Earth, and his first meeting with the Elves.

Major Characters: Elendil, Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 878
Posted on 10 April 2009 Updated on 10 April 2009

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Disclaimer: This story is based on The Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion, both by JRR Tolkien. I make no money off this, so kindly do not try to sue me.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Good portrait of Elendil's arrival!

They must indeed have been shocked and frightened after the destruction of Númenor and the terrible storm.

I also enjoyed your description of the Elves, as seen through Elendil's eyes.He must have felt odd, meeting these people he knew off from legends and history book.

Will there be more?

 

This particular story is complete but I hope to write more about Elendil and Gil-galad at some point in the future.  If you are interested in more second age history, Pivot Point and Rings of Pride; Rings of Ruin are about Celebrimbor's first meeting was Sauron and what happened when he discovered he had been betrayed.  I am glad you enjoyed the story.

You are prolific! I feel like I should read more before reviewing, but I was drawn to this story first because of the subject matter. Glad to see you don't mention pointy Elf ears! Interesting to read about an Elendil who doesn't have all the answers, who doesn't have more certain knowledge, who fears the "men of the darkness" but who was only secretly educated himself. Looking forward to reading more!

I'm glad you like it, and thank you for the feedback. You're right, a lot of fanfic writers place too much emphasis on pointy ears as an identification method. I haven't written a lot about Elendil. I wrote more of this story at one point, then lost the draft and forgot about it. I'll have to have another look.

I'm doing some work with Gil-galad and/or Elrond at the moment, set in the late Second Age. Some of that should start going up shortly. So one way or another there will probably be more Elendil at some point. I like him, and he's a really interesting character with a story that needs telling.