About Time by SWE

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Big, big thanks to the generous LadyElleth, both for beta-ing this, and for playing Maglor to my Curufin on (and off) GondolinRPG.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

What happens when still-exiled Feanorians are released from Mandos? The adventures of Fitzroy 'Curufin' Smith across two continents in the 19th-20th century, and his reunion with his wandering brother Maglor.

Major Characters: Curufin, Maglor, Mandos

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 3, 118
Posted on 26 June 2009 Updated on 26 June 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This is beautifully written and a really novel concept! You infuse the characters with power and mystique in few words: Maglor who threw a star into the deep. I love this. :) And Curufin--so underwritten--really comes across well, as something so much more than role of the villain he ends up playing. Again, beautifully written and truly a joy to read--I hope you will share more of your work here! :)

For some reason (coughcough) good stories about the brothers being rebodied always make me sad. I really do like this, though; I'm assuming poor Curvo found the Great Depression? At least, his attitude beforehand reminds me of the Gilded Age/Roaring Twenties/whatever you want to call it. Maybe that's a product of the name Fitzroy? (Fitzroy--> Fitzgerald--> Great Gatsby.)