Laer by Alassiel

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Finrod finds an unlikely friend among the folk of Beor.

Major Characters: Bëor, Finrod Felagund, Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 4, 287
Posted on 14 July 2009 Updated on 14 July 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


What a beautiful description of Finrod's first meeting with the Edain!  I like the way you show that the education going on isn't strictly one way; Finrod's learning as much as he's teaching.  And your original characters are delightfully complex and believable.

I first read this on Stories of Arda, so I'm pleasantly surprised to find it here.

I love the descriptions. I've written blind characters before-- sometimes from their point of view, sometimes not-- but I know I'm missing things because I'm not blind.

This is a stupendous story: the emotions from meeting Finrod for the first time, the help he brought them, and the healing of wounds people thought could never be healed.

I love the hints of the mortals' past and their culture. It certainly makes for a different story than many dealing with the same subject.