The Last Temptation by Fireworks

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Sauron has been taken prisoner by Pharazôn but nurtures an ever-growing influence. In the midst of a Númenor increasingly divided, a young Anárion works quietly after rebellion, discovering both love and betrayal in its midst.

Major Characters: Anárion, Ar-Pharazôn, Elendil, Isildur, Original Character(s), Sauron

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Akallabêth in August

Rating: Teens

Warnings:

Chapters: 9 Word Count: 52, 177
Posted on 18 August 2009 Updated on 18 August 2009

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I very much enjoyed this. Thank you. I think my favorite moment was when Ar-Pharazon tried to gift Sauron with a wife and Sauron was most alarmed. Of course, being married would be a distraction from destroying Numenor and he doesn't really seem the domestic type... I found his reaction hilarious.

 

Anarion and the underground newspaper were also very interesting and all the political skullduggery was enjoyable to read about.

Thank you so much for reading, Aiwen!

 On Sauron and marriage: I'm glad it did not seem ridiculous, it was very fun to write. It seemed to fit, him being so fair and--eventually-high in the King's favor, that somebody would be wanting to catch him.

On Anarion and the underground newspaper: I loved writing that, I'm glad you enjoyed it!