The Hidden Lady by Rhapsody

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Many scribes and bards have claimed that the Valar spared Elendil and his sons, but what is fact and what is myth?

Major Characters: Elendil, Original Character(s), Uinen

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Akallabêth in August

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Mature Themes

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 2, 147
Posted on 1 September 2009 Updated on 1 September 2009

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I love how you left their salvation open to different interpretations in this and, especially, how you acknowledged the role myth would have played in this. The maelstrom scene was terrifying and gave me such a sharp image of the scene; I was leaning over my keyboard and pop-eyed, even though I knew how it would end! :D A lovely piece, Rhapsody ... and some of the language! *swoons* You've outdone yourself with this one, m'dear! :)

Oooooo!

I really appreciated that your Elendil isn't seen by his men as the hero rescuing him but as that (insert expletive) who made them row the boats out in the heat - I loved that his wife may or may not have played a part in their salvation (but was definitely a strong character), that the reason for their salvation is sort of left open, and that even Elendil acknowledges here that myth will play a part in reshaping the story.

Wonderful stuff!