Spring by Grundy

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Queens of the Quill prompt "The Bee Is Not Afraid of Me" with a dash of the LLA prompt "i am running into a new year".

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celeborn visits the Greenwood in spring, and recalls a prior visit.

Major Characters: Arwen, Celeborn, Celebrían

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre:

Challenges: Queens of the Quill

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 704
Posted on 9 May 2021 Updated on 9 May 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Ohhh this is so lovely - both sweet and bittersweet at the same time! I love that watching the butterflies has become a family tradition, and how it reminds Celeborn of times long past and friends who have passed on but it's still something that brings wonder and joy. I think this story is a wonderful blend of those two poetry prompts, too, with the cycles of nature and the passage of time both reflected. 

This was delightful to read, so poignant, such beautiful details. Thank you!

(And inspiring to create art for, although I didn't think I could do anything near as beautiful as your description of the butterflies and treetops. And I just love the idea of a misty-eyed Celeborn.)