The Captive by Glorified

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is my first ever fanwork, please be kind. It is set in 4th age Valinor and deals with returnees from Middle earth trying to fit in with the climate and culture of Valinor and make a life for themselves there. Warnings for self harm, prejudices, erotica, angst, self blame. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

This is a story about love's redemptive power, the restoration of hope and belief, it is a slow burn and deals with the the outcasts of society who don't fit in. When two lost  and lonely people meet and fall in love they have to navigate an Elvish society that is not quite as fair minded and open as one would think, in fact its down right xenophobic and judgmental and prejudiced. 

Major Characters: Elrond, Maglor

Major Relationships: Elrond & Maglor

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Erotica, Het, Romance

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate)

Chapters: 13 Word Count: 31, 368
Posted on 10 June 2021 Updated on 25 August 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

When she went to Tirion that day she had only gone to see what everyone was talking about.  She stood with all the other onlookers expecting a sham of a trial and found herself unexpectantly with a reluctant house guest.  She could not have foretold the train of events that would be put into place by her decision that day and how her life and those around her would change. 

As her house guest settles in Ella realises that she does not  much about his history and background and hopes to glean information from his foster son who is due to visit shortly.  What she finds out is a little unsettling and makes her realise how very little she understands of Elvish or mortal predilections and needs.  But how much should she reveal of her own history and its peculiarities ?

Ella and Maglor get to know one another a bit better and have their first altercation and Ella realises the Elvish protocols for naming are rather more conventional than she had realised and inadvertently over steps a mark with her house guest and feels the wrath of Feanorian pride.  Embarrassed and frightened she unexpectantly gets an apology and gets an insight into Maglor's fractures and hurts and begins to sense within herself a strange pull and growing impulse towards him.

Ella and Maglor settle down into more sociable relations until one morning they wake to a disaster and realise  exactly what prejudices they will have to face given the taboos of the culture around them. A line has been crossed  not only with the world outside but between themselves.   Ella struggles to comprehend and accept the internal struggles that have erupted within her from this event. 

Elrond steps in to push Ella into seeing something she is abjectly trying to ignore and pretend is not happening. The ensuing conversations are riddled with misunderstandings and embarrassment on Ella's part when it begins to dawn on her what Elrond is talking about. When Maglor confronts her Ella is put on the spot and has no where to hide. Warnings for slightly risque language and its meaning. 

This chapter takes a far more serious turn as Ella visits Alqualonde and the true ramifications of her actions over allowing a kin slayer into her home are felt and experienced. She begins to understand that the social, political consequences of her actions  hold far more importance than she ever imagined and what she has done is of interest and speculation far outside the confines of her small life and homestead by the sea. Please note if anyone does not want to read, there is an attempted rape at the end of the chapter and vulgar language. I felt it necessary as it gave the story gravitas.

Warnings for eroticism.

Maglor and Ella are caught up in circumstances outside their control.

Ella is forced to accept a shocking truth and can hardly bear its implications for her and Maglor.

Elrond and Ella, arrive in Tirion and it begins to dawn that the context of what she has been drawn into are far deeper and wider than she could ever have imagined.

Well here we get to the penultimate chapter save for the Epilogue. Ella finally meets Maglor again and events beyond her control play out!

So after finding answers they had not looked for Elrond and Ella make there way home, what will be next for them?


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.