Oath awakened by Aprilertuile

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This chapter answers the following prompt : 

Handball: whoso in hand taketh, finding keepeth or afar casteth a Silmaril… This event awakens the dread Oath of Fëanor. Just how--and how strongly--it features in your fanwork is up to you.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

In Sirion, Elwing has a Silmaril in her possession... And in Amon Ereb, The Oath is awakening in the remaining sons of Feanor. 

Major Characters: Amras, Amrod, Elwing, Maedhros, Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 356
Posted on 19 July 2021 Updated on 19 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Aprilertuile has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


oooh. *shivers* I really like the juxtaposition between Elwing and the Sons of Feanor and how their thoughts all dwell on the Silmaril. I wonder what the twins (no crispy here, I see) think of Elwing's twins...hmm.

 

Really well done! Though I want to protect Sirion and everyone in it from what's coming :(

 

Kaylee

Thank you :)

I'm glad you liked the fic.

And yes, I chose to go with the version of the Silmarillion, where it's said in the chapter of the ruins of Beleriand that Caranthir fled to his brothers Amrod and Amras, so one wasn't burnt in Losgar. 

And where it's says about the attack of Sirion that "both Amrod and Amras were slain", which I understand as they were both there. 

But that's me. I know there's other versions in other writings of Tolkien but this one remains my favorite so far. More because the idea of putting anything on fire without checking that no one and nothing living has been left there first is absolutely horrifying, if I'm honnest. 

Hallowed the jewel may be, but cursed also!

*winces* That's really the crux of it, isn't it? I really like how you describe the motivations of both sides here. You make it easy to understand where everyone is coming from, and it makes the disaster we know it all ended in hurt even more. T-T

It's interesting to me that you chose Amrod and Amras as the ones who spur the sons of Feanor into action, I don't think I've seen that before! It makes a lot of sense though, the way you write them.

This was a great read!