[podfic] Three times, the forge by Chestnut_pod

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Originally posted to AO3 on October 23, 2017. The original text can be found at that link. Thanks as ever to LiveOakWithMoss for having blanket permission for tertiary transformative works! It's my favorite thing and you can too, wink wink. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celebrimbor kisses Narvi. Narvi kisses Celebrimbor. Somehow, Celebrimbor is still perplexed.

Major Characters: Celebrimbor, Narvi

Major Relationships: Celebrimbor/Narvi

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Podfic

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Sexual Content (Mild)

Posted on 20 July 2021 Updated on 20 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.

Three times, the forge

Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Chestnut_pod has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Sensitivity Read. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Aww! How sweetly divine! I love the way you've narrated their conversations — Narvi's calm, sensible voice and Celebrimbor's hesitating uncertainty, or abandoned jubilation, or, eventually, his seriousness, that they flow so realisticly.  The hint of laughter in your voice really gives added life to the scene where Celebrimbor is excited, dancing around the forge waving bellows. (Narvi does have a point, Brim sounds so young at times, in both his excitement and naive perplexity.)  Ah, your narration in general is just so enjoyable to listen to.  (I actually listened to it twice last night, once at bedtime (I guess I was incredibly tired because I woke up halfway through and then fell asleep before the end again — of a 8 minute podfic! *blush* This bears no reflection on your reading or the story.) and then I got to enjoy it in full when I woke in the wee hours. It is such a joy knowing that if I am going to wake in the middle of the night, there is something thoroughly enjoyable to listen to that is interesting (keeping my mind from wandering into those 3am thoughts that are often not conducive to further sleep) and at the same time soothing.  Thank you!  

This comment itself is sweet! I love hearing all the details of how you listened -- I'm glad it's working as a bedtime podfic! I just adore these two (healthy! working! and other! relationships! for! Celebrimbor!) and so have a special place in my heart for this performance. Thank you for sharing it with me!