The Teleri Times. by hennethgalad

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Controversy rages at the Games as the House of Fëanor is accused of using performance enhancing drugs.

 

Major Characters: Elves, Fëanor, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Fingon, Ingwë, Míriel Serindë, Nerdanel, Sons of Fëanor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 441
Posted on 22 July 2021 Updated on 22 July 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

hennethgalad has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


What an original idea! It wouldn't have occurred to me that lembas could be used as a drug to enhance performance in a contest.

(I guess that is partly because I had  somehow assumed it was a lot more common in Valinor and the effect on Valinorean elves would not be as strong as on hobbits, but of course there are different ways to read and interpret what is said about lembas!)

This is such an interesting idea! I can see how using lembas in this way might lead to controversy, and putting it like this - Lembas is created with the fëa of living elves - definitely gives it a sinister touch. The idea that making too much Lembas might affect the spirits of those who make it is a really fascinating thought.

I love the newspaper style of this as well!

And of course Finarfin tries to please everybody and manages to make everyone angry ^-^'' Poor man.