The Song of Skateboard Legolas by Anne Wolfe

Fanwork Information

Summary:

An (intentionally!) absurd poem. Written for the Skateboarding prompt, in the Middle-earth Olympics challenge.

Major Characters: Legolas Greenleaf, Legolas of Gondolin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Humor, Poetry

Challenges: Middle-earth Olympics

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 208
Posted on 16 August 2021 Updated on 16 August 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anne Wolfe has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Thank you! I couldn't choose which Legolas to write about, so I thought: why not both? (And it wouldn't fit in, but I was really amused by the thought of this version of Legolas being older than Thranduil, but getting politically adopted nonetheless. Not that I'm overly concerned with canon compliance anyway where this thing is concerned!)

... the Legolas prompt, that is!

We mods offered this one in silliness, hoping someone would take us up on it, and you did! I was grinning by the second stanza and literally LOL'ed at the announcer's comment about the rollerskates.

I can't sing or compose music, but if you ever find someone to do it and you need an announcer's voice ... I'm there!