A Beautiful Poison by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

All hail my wonderful beta's Anérea, Anoriath and Chestnut_Pod. You guys are the best!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

The Great Plague sweeps Middle-earth, devastating Gondor. As his kingdom crumbles around him, dying King Telemnar summons the best healer in Middle-earth to his stricken son's mansion. The disease is dreadful, but Elrond soon finds that an even greater danger threatens the Crown Prince.
An Edgar Allan Poe-inspired spooky season special. I'll post a chapter a day until Halloween.
 

Major Characters: Elrond

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Horror

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 6, 970
Posted on 27 October 2021 Updated on 31 October 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Idrils Scribe has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


Great story and very fitting for the time around Halloween.

The atmosphere of dread all over the city is really well described and I love how it is gradually revealed that the Plague is the least of Elrond's problems right now.

And I always like when an author shares bits of their research.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter!