Hope, in Darkened Days by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A Holiday gift for the wonderful Anoriath, without whose sage advice, kindness and support many of my stories would never have existed. Reading your work is a delight I always look forward to, and I'm in awe of your OC's and characterization skills. This story is practically fanfic for 'No Man's Child', with an honorable mention for Aragorn's favorite legume.
I hope you have a great festive season! (proceeds to stuff box of pralines and bottle of bubbly through transatlantic internet cable). 

Many thanks to my wonderful beta's Anérea and Grundy.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

"But when Estel was only twenty years of age, it chanced that he returned to Rivendell after great deeds in the company of the sons of Elrond; and Elrond looked at him and was pleased, for he saw that he was fair and noble and was early come to manhood, though he would yet become greater in body and in mind. That day therefore Elrond called him by his true name, and told him who he was and whose son; and he delivered to him the heirlooms of his house."

The story of how Estel became Aragorn.

Major Characters: Aragorn, Elrond, Gilraen

Major Relationships: Aragorn & Elrond, Elrond & Gilraen

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Family

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 4, 602
Posted on 19 December 2021 Updated on 24 December 2021

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Idrils Scribe has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.