Summoned to Council by Lindariel

| | |

Fanwork Notes

My prompt for this work was a green cloth bookcover stamped in gilt with 22 sheep in a field of flowers with a shepherd and a dog; the volume is Scenes of Clerical Life by George Eliot, illustrated by Hugh Thomson (Macmillan, 1906). 

The drabbles are 100 words apiece in LibreOffice.

Year 7 of the Sun, western Beleriand

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A road trip in six drabbles.

Major Characters: Celeborn, Galadriel

Major Relationships: Celeborn/Galadriel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges: Book by Its Cover, New Year's Resolution

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 615
Posted on 11 January 2022 Updated on 11 January 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This chapter takes place in Eglarest, where Alatáriel and Teleporno have lived since they came to the mortal lands.

This chapter also takes place in Eglarest.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I can so easily picture the changing countryside from your descriptions. I like details, such as noticing and enjoying the flowers while also collecting herbs... but not telling Galadriel what the fly agaric (I presume) is for. The way Celeborn dreams of sailing his swan ships again, and she's reminded of Lórien by the nightingales. The way the Sindar and Noldor become more comfortable in each others company is so true for a long trip. (If it doesn't go the other way!). I like the phrasing of "the House of Míriel and the House of Indis." Lovely little trip through Northern Beleriand, thank you!