Pallando & Alatar: never have I ever... by Anérea

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Two journeys of the Blue Wizards in two drabbles from the Holiday Party Instadrabbling event using the "Never have I ever" prompt.

Major Characters: Alatar, Pallando

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Fixed-Length Ficlet, General

Challenges: Holiday Party

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 204
Posted on 24 January 2022 Updated on 24 January 2022

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Prompted by Dawn Fellagund: never did Pallando ever... lose his way?

Prompted by Grundy: never did Alatar ever... return to Aman?


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thanks. I've thought a lot about the Blues, and have Ideas for them too, but never did I ever think about them in this way, so it was a surprise glipse for me too!

And, yes, I guess that "write what you know" thing popped up in response to Dawn's prompt, although the details were a little too involved for a single drabble. Maybe I'll rework it into two.

There's more to our adventure: my sister and another friend had decided (sensibly, with foresight) to follow the escarpment and we (stupidly, in hindsight) wanted to cut straight across; that was the first and last time any of us ever split up with a hiking party! Even though we eventually found the escarpment, we still didn't know which direction the other two were. Also, we had the cooking stove, they had the tent, so all of us would only have been half warm and fed. Our shouts of "yoh-dieee" were just echoed back at us, until eventually one was not an echo. I can still feel the extreme relief and jubilation I felt when I saw a fuzzy bright yellow patch which was her matching poncho fading into view through the mist. We capered a very happy hugging dance on the edge of the escarpment there, pitched tent and all enjoyed a cooked supper. 

There's actually a lot more, that was a very adventuresome ten days in the mountains. Hmm, maybe I'll work it all into a fic somehow.

Indeed. I think a wizard would know this well and would take a breath before he reaches panic stage. It's certainly helped me many times. A breath, and a smile. Funny how a smile affects how one feels, but I've found at times when I've been more afraid than having fun, a smile has calmed me enough to collect myself and reconnect to my thinking-brain!