SeaLight by Anérea

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the Book By Its Cover challenge, I chose this one for my prompt:

Book cover titled "How To Swim" showing an illustration of a person swimming in the sea.

Also inspired by the TSFW prompt "New Beginnings" with the formal challenge being "alliterative verse". (Which I'm loosely interpreting to include prose.)

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Born on the Great Journey, I never knew Cuiviénen, but ever since we departed the shores of Rhûn I have missed the sensation of silky saltwater against my skin.

A Telerin Elf's first experience of the waters of Belegaer, at the end of the Great Journey.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Elves, Falathrim, Sindar, Teleri

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Ficlet, General

Challenges: Book by Its Cover, New Year's Resolution

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 338
Posted on 31 January 2022 Updated on 2 February 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Anérea has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Description/Imagery, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Point of View, Research, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


That makes me happy to hear! Pictures are for looking at and getting lost in so I'm delighted it brought you some meditative calm, and I hope you enjoyed your swim afterwards!

(Truth be told, I kept coming back to look at this picture too. It's a composite of two of my night photos, but I particularly like the way the glow of the words sits on the water, which was just one of those serendipitous things that happen in the process of creating. It doesn't look as good without them!)