Come Back to the Valley by StarSpray

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Opposites Attract challenge for the prompt "Dawn - Dusk"

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Celebrían sees Elrond off when he departs for Mordor, and she is there to greet him when he returns.

Major Characters: Celebrían, Elrond

Major Relationships: Celebrían/Elrond

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Het

Challenges: Opposites Attract

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 596
Posted on 9 March 2022 Updated on 10 March 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


You have a way of crafting your words into such vividly beautiful pictures!

And I love the the way you've woven a sense of Elven magic into your characters's crafting:

"inlaying runes upon shields and armor—signs to ward off rust and the wear and tear of regular use, and also the enchantments and fell weapons of the Enemy"

and "singing songs of growth and vibrancy and sweetness to the slender young trees."

This image... I just want to be there! "In the gloaming the many streams and little falls seemed to shimmer, as though last night's starlight had been caught up in them and had yet to fade away."

And this is so graphic, and somehow so true of fear and worry:  "when all was uncertain and worry and fear could creep in like a winter's chill through chinks in walls and underneath doors"

I know exactly what age this is! (My nephew is there now): "on the cusp of that awkward stage where children were all elbows and knees and cracking voices"

And your subtle inclusion of the Tra-la-la-lally Elves made me laugh!

Their farewell at dawn was so poignant, with Elrond’s unspoken words so loud; their reunion at dusk so warm...

A lovely rich read from start to finish. Thank you!