The Kids Are All Right by grey_gazania

Fanwork Information

Summary:

As the survivors from Nargothrond come to Balar and the Fell Winter sets in, the girl who will become Gil-galad struggles alongside her friends to find a ray of hope in a darkness that seems unending.

Major Characters: Gil-galad

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Vintage

Rating: Creator Chooses Not to Rate

Warnings: Creator Chooses Not to Warn

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 6 Word Count: 19, 199
Posted on 19 May 2022 Updated on 18 August 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Good to see Ereiniel again!

She is such a helpful, competent person! Even if she sometimes feels useless, I am sure nobody around her agrees.

But those are dark times.

I liked how she found a way to comfort Saelwen a little, though, and how she supported Celebrimbor.

Another step on the path to kingship! (Especially when one has read the companion piece about Henthael and Ianneth as well.)

A pity about Maewen and their different orientations. A hard thing to have to deal with, with such a close friend.

Ereiniel's Bisexual Adolescent Yearning™ is definitely based on my own Gay Adolescent Yearning™. I had the biggest crush on my bestie in high school and college. It's a rough feeling for sure.

That is all looking very promising, with Ereiniel discovering that some things that she thought might be a weakness could also be a strength!

I like this chapter a lot, despite its uncertainties and regrets.

It is lovely that they managed to celebrate together.