A Promise by Rocky41_7

| | |

Fanwork Notes

We know basically NOTHING about Amarie (join the club I guess), but the fact that Finrod remained devoted to her even though they had never married (which I think is called out by Galadriel when asking why he never takes a partner in Middle-earth) suggests to me they had a very strong relationship (I believe it's also said that Amarie wanted to go with him to Middle-earth, but was prevented by her family) so I like the idea that they grew up as childhood friends, shifting in and out of having crushes on each other, sometimes at the same time, sometimes not. When they were young adults they finally admitted they couldn't imagine spending their life with anyone else, but it ended up being longer than they expected before they were able to tie the knot.

They're like the Elf equivalent of 11-is here.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

When they were very young, Amarie made a decision about Finarfin's eldest son.

Major Characters: Amarië, Eärwen

Major Relationships: Amarië/Finrod

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, Fluff, Het

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 478
Posted on 10 August 2022 Updated on 10 August 2022

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.