red by hanneswrites

| | |

red


“It reminded me of you,” Findekáno says, grinning up at Maitimo as though that was not the most absurd statement spoken in the last century. 

 

“It reminded you,” Maitimo repeats, turning the tiny, delicately painted porcelain figure of a kitten over in his hands, “of me. ” 

 

Maitimo raises an eyebrow as he carefully runs his thumb over the red-dotted paint swirling all around the smooth glossed face of the kitten. Finno’s grin only widens. 

 

He leans over and plucks the kitten from Maitimo’s hands, balancing it between his fingers as he makes a big show of glancing back and forth between examining the fine details of the kitten and looking scrutinizingly over Maitimo’s face. 

 

“Looks just like you, as far as I’m concerned.” Finno chuckles, and Maitimo finds himself smiling at the warmth in Finno’s eyes, in his smile, in his everything - Maitimo looks away quickly and clears his throat, trying to forcibly will away the blush he knows is likely spreading across his face. 

 

After a brief internal panic, Finno boops him on the nose with the porcelain kitten, effectively bringing his focus back to his friend right before Finno leans in and closes the short distance between them. Maitimo freezes as Findekáno’s lips brush against his own. His heart jumping wildly in his chest, he presses back. Maitimo’s hand finds Finno’s and he moves to thread their fingers together -- only to have something small pressed into his palm. The porcelain kitten with red-mottled cheeks is closed tight in Maitimo’s hand.

 

When he pulls back, Findekáno’s grin is mischievous and self-assured, curling up into a smirk as Maitimo feels all of his blood rush swiftly into his face. If he hadn’t been entirely red before, he most definitely was now 

 

Finno hums, tracing his fingers over Maitimo’s cheek, “It’s almost like you’re twins,” He says, hooking his fingers beneath Maitimo’s jaw to tilt his head up for another kiss.


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment