Choose a Name for Our New Column!

Note that the new column's name has been chosen: Lay of the Land, a name suggested by Anérea! Thanks to all who voted! We will have more information on the new column very soon.


In 2009, we began an unambitious project to feature a character, along with a brief biography, each month. Under the leadership of Oshun, our lead biography writer, this small project quickly burgeoned into our Character of the Month column, which is now almost complete and in its sunset phase.

The newsletter committee is in the process of developing new columns for the newsletter. In the spirit of Character of the Month is our (temporarily titled) "location bio" column. This column will focus on the places of Middle-earth, providing a one-stop compilation of information from the major canon sources, as well as analysis from a variety of approaches.

We need your help naming the column! The newsletter committee has chosen its five favorite titles. You can vote for your favorite title for the column here!

Also a friendly reminder that anyone can join the newsletter committee, and there is no minimum participation requirement to do so. If you are on our Discord, let us know your username, and we will add you.

Watch this space for a call for contributions for the new column!


Posted on 1 May 2024 (updated 11 May 2024) by SWG Moderators