New Challenge: Manwë's Mailbag

Manwe's Mailbag, SWG Challenge, November 1 through January 15

Every year, as our lives grow busier at the holidays, we run a two-month challenge that we try to make a little special. For this year's November-December challenge, Manwë's Mailbag, your prompt will be a postcard.

All prompts—that is, postcards—will be sent digitally. In addition, if you'd like to receive your postcard in the mail, we will send it to you! You can use any element of your postcard prompt—the image (or part of the image) or the text or???—to create your fanwork. As always, we encourage participants to get creative!

To request a postcard prompt, contact the mods, and we will send a digital copy of your card. If you would like us to mail your card as well, please include an address.

We are also still accepting postcard designs, which will be used as prompts.

You can find the full Manwë's Mailbag challenge guidelines here, including more detail on how to create a postcard.

Important Challenge Dates

November 1: Postcard design submissions open
November 15: Begin requesting challenge prompts (email us to request your prompt!)
December 1: Last day to request a postcard by mail and last day for postcard design submissions*
January 15: Last day to post a challenge response and receive a stamp** and last day to request a digital postcard prompt

* Postcard designs received after December 1 will be included in the digital collection of prompts available on our website for the January amnesty challenge.
** However, at noted above, January is our annual amnesty challenge, so technically if you post by February 15, you can still get a stamp.

Finally, a huge thank you to Grundy, who is generously covering the costs of printing and postage for this challenge.


Posted on 14 November 2022 (updated 21 January 2023) by SWG Moderators