New Challenge: Jubilee

Jubilee - SWG Challenge - 1 January through 15 February 2023

Every January, we kick off the year with a challenge to nudge us to recommit to our creative lives by creating a fanwork for one of the previous year's challenges. Whether finishing that epic novel for the challenge that ran away or making a sketch or writing a drabble, the idea is to make something fannish during the month of January with one of our challenges as inspiration!

This year we are doing something slightly different. This January, any challenge from January 2017 onward is fair game. Is there a challenge from before your time you think would have been fun? Do it now! Did you start a fanwork for a challenge long ago but never completed it? We hope this gives you motivation to finish! If you have no unrealized or unfinished projects (congratulations, we are in awe), choose from any of the past challenges—just pick a prompt you haven’t done before. And if you’re utterly exhausted after the past year and/or the holiday season but ready to go on a reading binge or appreciate some art, this challenge includes commenting stamps!

You can find the full Jubilee guidelines here. If you want a list of past challenges, see our Challenges by Date page.


Posted on 2 January 2023 (updated 17 February 2023) by SWG Moderators