Motley Crew by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Double drabble written for the Jubilee Challenge during the Insta-drabbling session for the following three prompts:

  • By The Sea: In the southern hemisphere, it’s summer - the perfect time for a seaside holiday or a BBQ on the beach! Create a fanwork featuring the sea. (Holiday Party challenge)
  • Image prompt showing delightedly smiling old woman against railing under autumn leaves. 
  • Song prompt: Frank Sinatra, That's Life.

 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Maglor survives the tsunami that hit the coast of Middle-earth during the Fall of Numenor, in the company of a somewhat unexpected group of fellow survivors.

Major Characters: Original Character(s), Maglor

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Fixed-Length Ficlet

Challenges: Block Party, Holiday Party, Jubilee

Rating: General

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 305
Posted on 8 January 2023 Updated on 8 January 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Warning for reference to the eating of animals; the effects of the tsunami itself and Maglor's darker past are only hinted at.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you!

Yes, there is a riddle that goes like that, isn't there? I'm pretty sure I had it at the back of my mind, when I populated that boat, originally. (There are several different versions of that riddle, I think.)

A poet, a prince, a puppet.

I didn't spell the implications of that out too much, so I'm glad you clearly got it anyway!