Mousetrap by cuarthol

| | |

Fanwork Notes

​Inspired by the prompt:

A Fat Dormouse
Description: A full color sketch of a fat dormouse, who despite the name is not much wider than the nut he’s holding.
Image Credit: Biodiversity Heritage Library

A full color sketch of a fat dormouse, who despite the name is not much wider than the nut he’s holding. Image Credit: Biodiversity Heritage Library

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A little thief is caught red-handed in an unexpected encounter.

 

Major Characters: Original Character(s)

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges: Jubilee, Naturalist's Guide to Middle-earth

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 370
Posted on 13 January 2023 Updated on 13 January 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I did not see that coming! What an original idea. The mouse POV reminded me the famous 'talking fox' in LotR. Fits right into the faerie realm. 

Really nice use of POV!

It wasn't all that misleading, really, as it made perfect sense in retrospect, but I was amused how I had allowed myself to  lured towards the wrong conclusion before that final reveal!

Glad the mouse was let go!

Thank you!!  I've never done something quite like this, it was very fun and I'm very glad it worked.

And no, Celegorm was not going to hurt the mouse.  I have been trying to find some sympathetic angle to his character and I've decided that he truly, deeply loves animals.  I mean, someone who bothered to learn all their languages must have been interested in more than just hunting them, so I've decided he just really *enjoys* the fact that he can talk to them!