The Dawn of a New Era by Varda delle Stelle

| | |

The Dawn of a New Era

Many thanks to Ancalimë Cymbidia for the beta reading!


In the continent of Valinor, near the city of Tirion, the dawn was coming, accompanied with a light wind that made the branches of the trees rustle with a sweet melody, like whispers on the wind for the ones that could hear it. 

 

The two lovers of our story, at last reunited, were standing on the edge of the hills that surrounded the city, hand in hand, and observing with ill concealed patience and perhaps a bit of anxiety the delegation of elves that were coming towards them.

 

The Elda on the right had his gaze fixed on the landscape in front of them, and with the kind wind that rustled through his hair, he seemed every bit of the High King that he had been in the previous Ages.He wore a plain pair of trousers fit for horse riding and a deep blue tunic with the crest of his father's House. He was simple but elegant, as always. 

 

The nér at the left had vivid red hair, of the same color as the sun, so that it seemed all one with the Sun's rising. It was long, flowing and beautiful, and for the first time in centuries it was back at its original length, the very same that he’d had when they had left the shores of Aman. He wore the gray tunic of one who had been released from the Halls of Mandos and he welcomed with joy the cool, crisp wind of that morning, a welcome change from the motionless air of the Halls.

 

Fingon noticed his shivers and gave his hand a squeeze. Then he smiled at him encouragingly and looked at him in the eyes with so much love that it was disarming. In response, the only emotion that Maedhros felt arising in that moment was love for the elf in front of him. For his husband.

 

Then Fingon, after throwing a glance at the slope of the hillside where the other elves were slowly approaching,turned fully toward his husband, took his hand and said, "Nelyo, dearheart, it's the Dawn of a new Age, of a new Life, one that we can spend together in peace. Are you ready to begin again, my love?" 

 

"Do you remember, Finno, the sight of these shores when we first departed from here? I will never forget them. The starlight shone on them and they were – and are– full of magic and power, and saying goodby to them was saying goodby to Maitimo, to a piece of me. 

I am not proud of what has happened in Beleriand, you know this, and I have spent Ages in the Halls trying to heal from the past. I was tired, so tired when I first arrived there...but now  I feel better, and with the Oath gone it's exhilarating to have freedom, to have a second chance to live. I have talked with my brothers in the Halls; we have fought, gotten angry, sought pardon, cried, hugged, and found forgiveness from each other.

 I want to live, live again, with you Finno, the love of my life, with my husband and with my family. I want to hug them again." responded Maedhros with the flaring passions of his soul.

 

"And you will, but you will not be alone for I am here, and your family is here. I love you and I will love you forever. Lovers until the end of the World and beyond, remember?" replied Fingon, with fierce love in his gaze. 

 

"I love you, Findekano Astaldo, with all the love that Eru Iluvatar has given to me. Lovers until the end of the world and beyond." answered Maedhros.

 

"And I love you, Nelyafinwë Maitimo Russandol Fëanorion," said Findekano with the love of the One.

 

Then they leaned forward, and amidst the kind, cool morning wind they shared the first kiss of their new life together. 

 

And thus a new Era began.

aurë entuluva,

auta i lómë

 


Table of Contents | Leave a Comment