New Challenge: Cheesy Corn Chips

Banner looks like a snack bag and reads, SWG Challenge, Cheesy Corn Chips, 15 February - 15 March 2023, Sugar Added!

Two best friends share a first kiss, backed by a postcard-perfect sunset. A car chase twists through the streets of Paris before plunging through the Arc de Triomphe—while driving in reverse. The team of lovable and klutzy misfits pulls out a victory over the top-flight bullies, right at the buzzer. Such stories make us roll our eyes and groan but also hold the irresistible appeal of one more nacho chip or candy corn.

This month's challenge celebrates the corny and the cheesy in popular culture, the sappy and sweet and schmaltzy and saccharine. To participate, you will choose a prompt from a collection of corny, sentimental, and heartstring-rending pop-culture selections and use it to create a fanwork. As always, you can use any part of the prompt to inspire your fanwork and interpret it any way that works for you. Note that fanworks themselves do not need to be fluffy, sweet, or sentimental.

In order to receive a stamp, fanworks should be posted to the SWG archive no later than March 15, 2023. You can find Cheesy Corn Chips challenge prompts and complete challenge guidelines under the Challenge menu.

Please note that the Jubilee challenge remains open until February 15, so yes, that means that for a short while, there will be two challenges running!


Posted on 13 February 2023 (updated 18 March 2023) by SWG Moderators