And still, we stand tall by Sarbanes Oxley

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Cheesy Corn Chips Challenge; prompt The Final Countdown by Europe

Thanks to FraFree for the beta!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Finwë and friends go West

Major Characters: Elu Thingol, Finwë, Ingwë, Nahar, Oromë

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Ficlet, General, Humor

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings: Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 814
Posted on 23 February 2023 Updated on 24 February 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Sarbanes Oxley has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.


The thoughts of Finwë, who along with Ingwë and Elwë is roped to Nahar and Oromë on the way to Aman, are both practical and a little apprehensive. Typical Noldo, he brought the rope and food. Ingwë is already a dazzled Vanya. Elwë has doubts. Just perfect. 

Finwe's doubts and fears are so understandable, his memories of the Dark Rider so very vivid. We know that Orome means well, but he is right, who is to say this isn't a trap. And he thinks of Míriel who he left alone with their unborn child.

Oh this was lovely!  I like Finwë's uncertainty, Elwë's stubbornness, and I have occasionally mused on exactly how they came to Valinor - I like the idea that either Oromë was large enough to just carry them or that he was able to make himself larger for the journey.

<3

How interesting! Ingwë, looking ahead to the future, both the good and the bad. Finwë, practical, curious, and thinking about Miriel. And Elwë... Elwë loves nothing more than to prove a point. Yes, that checks out!

 

Beautifully written, and I loved the fantastic imagery in this story. You have captured their differences well. Poor Finwë doesn't yet know what the future will bring... that the dark being he was so scared of will become his bane.