The blinding Sun by Varda delle Stelle

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Cheesy Corn Chips challenge

prompt quote: William Shakespeare, Sonnet 18 ("Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?")

Fanwork Information

Summary:

After the Midsummer celebration Fingon who had had too much wine talks with Maedhros, who is far too amused 

This story is just a really flully idea that has come to my mind that I have done my best to write today, it was not beta read so please excuse eventual grammar mistakes :)

Major Characters: Fingon, Maedhros

Major Relationships: Fingon/Maedhros

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Family, Ficlet, Fluff, General

Challenges: Cheesy Corn Chips

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 296
Posted on 14 March 2023 Updated on 14 March 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Chapter 1

Read Chapter 1

It was a beautiful summer day, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the wind was blowing and the nephews of Finwe were gathered in the great park in Tirion mansion to celebrate Midsummer among themselves.

They had finished eating some hours ago and now some of them were now relaxing under the shadows of the trees. 

Celegorm and the Ambarussa ware playing fetch with Huan, Finrod and Maglor were playing the harps, Celebrian,  Elrond,  Gil-Galad and Celebrimbor were sleeping under a tree and near them Caranthir was relaxing as well and Turgon, Aredhel, Galadriel, Argon and Aegnor were talking quietly among themselves. 

Maedhros and Fingon in that moment were the perfect portrait of peace, calm and love. Maedhros was comfortably laying down on Finno's stomach, who in turn was playing with Maedhros's hair.

"You know that you have beautiful hair, Russo? And that you are the most splendid nér that I have ever seen?" asked Fingon who was clearly in love and had had a little bit too much wine at lunch.

"Umm, now I know," said happily Maedhoros "and you know that you are the most beautiful nér that I have seen?" said Maedhros, willing to amuse whatever Finno's drunken mind could come up with.

"You are clearly mistaken dear Russo,  you are the most beautiful elf I have ever laid my eyes on" said Fingon 

"Shall I compare you to a summer day Finno?" asked Maedhros mischievously.

"But Russo,” said Fingon with emphasis,  “then the sky would have two suns because you are my sun!" he continued.  

"Oh Finno" laughed Maedhros with such love and intensity in his gaze that it was really more blinding than the sun "I love you my dear sun, I love you so mu

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.