One More Song by Rocky41_7

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Canonically, no one saw Beren or Luthien die; they were presumed to have died of old age at the time when Dior, in Doriath, received the Silmaril. Originally, I wanted it to be Dior who lets Daeron into the house, but his grief over his parents' death in his absence felt important enough not to mess with.

"Ephedrim" is a Sindarin word for "Men" from "The War of the Jewels."

The stupid nicknames do have a story: Thingol and Melian, being the sappiest couple on the face of Middle-earth, employ the most cringeworthy pet names known to Elfkind. Therefore, Daeron and Luthien, poking a bit of fun, took to calling each other by the silly nicknames below when they were messing around.

Who is Fastred? Well SOMEBODY had to look after whichever of them was the last to die and then get the Silmaril to Doriath. Presumably they had at least SOME people who knew them well enough to help out.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

As Luthien prepares to surrender to old age, she is visited by a long-lost friend.

Major Characters: Daeron, Lúthien Tinúviel

Major Relationships: Daeron & Lúthien

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: General

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Character Death

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 1, 782
Posted on 17 March 2023 Updated on 17 March 2023

This fanwork is a work in progress.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.