Breath of life by firstamazon

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Written for the Middle-earth is Multitudes challenge.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A triple drabble - and a brief history - of an old orc.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Orcs

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Ficlet, General

Challenges: Middle-earth Is Multitudes

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 307
Posted on 17 March 2023 Updated on 17 March 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Oh no, this is so ... sad, and empty, and yet also somehow visceral. The orc's voice is really clear and believable, and it makes for a powerful piece!
You had me clutching my heart with "But she was not a woman. She was not even a person." and it just kept aching from there.

Wow.  I am not even sure how to comment here - it's not quite sad, but it *feels* sad, but she's so defiant in a way, and yet seems to have not just accepted but embraced her role.  I honestly don't even know what to feel.  So many conflicting emotions and thoughts - so well done!!

poor old orc women, you have really depicted her wonderfully, it really transmit me her world, the life that she has lived for so many long years. I believe that in the Halls of Mandos even the orcs can find peace and healing even if this will take them until the end of the world, they are elves still, even if really lost.

I have taken this headcanon from the fanfic In Equal Mesure of Philosophizes, a beautiful masterpiece!