Carnimírië by Himring

| | |

Fanwork Notes

For the accompanying text see the Image Notes.

For a note on the title, see the End Notes.

Fanwork Information

Description:

Photograph of a tree in autumn (lightly edited) with two lines of accompanying text.

Originally submitted (without the title) for the Manwe's Mailbag challenge for a postcard prompt.

Major Characters:

Major Relationships:

Genre:

Type: Photography

Challenges:

Rating: General

Warnings:

Posted on 1 May 2023 Updated on 21 May 2023

Carnimírië

In every autumn a different red—

red-jewelled boughs against clear skies.

Bare tree branches with clusters of red berries, photographed from below

Chapter End Notes

The title is based on the name of one of the lost rowans that Quickbeam laments for in The Two Towers. The name carnimírië means "red-jewelled" (Quenya). 

The first line of the text in the image notes also alludes to one of Bilbo's songs (in every wood in every spring / there is a different green).



Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


I'm so glad you posted this here so we get to enjoy it! I love this image, the bright red on grey contrasting against the clear blue sky. What a fitting epitaph for the Rowan. Lovely, thank you!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you like it.

But I have to confess it isn't a rowan. At least, I don't think it is, although I'm not sure what tree it is.

I took the liberty of re-purposing the "red-jewelled" name a bit, as I thought it suited this tree, too!