Rematch by I_did_not_mean_to

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Please be advised that this is a murder mystery--there will be a corpse and reference to death.

Moreover, this is a slightly shippy story, so there will be references to sexual acts (in the past) and ongoing sexual tension between the characters.

Finally, even though the family relations are purposefully vague in this story, Aredhel and Celegorm, as well as Maedhros and Fingon are half-cousins in canon. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A short crime-story that is a direct continuation of a Drabble written for B2MEM (Match).

Detective Aredhel and her second-in-command Haleth find the burned corpse of a boy. They now have to investigate men they had thought firmly and safely relegated to the past. 

Can they be guilty of a crime so heinous? Why won't anybody in that dark, foreboding house cooperate when the women clearly toil to save their reputations and lives?

Major Characters: Aredhel, Caranthir, Celegorm, Haleth

Major Relationships: Aredhel/Celegorm, Caranthir/Haleth, Aredhel & Haleth

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Alternate Universe

Challenges: Secret Gate

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Character Death, Expletive Language, Sexual Content (Mild), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 3 Word Count: 6, 371
Posted on 20 June 2023 Updated on 20 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

This is the first chapter, the prompts used are "London Fog" and "The Sleuth".

Be advised, there will be reference to death and prior sexual encounters in this chapter.

This is the second chapter. The prompts used are "Against the Odds" and "Killing me strangely".

Be advised, there will be (more specific) reference to death and some unresolved tension in this chapter.

This is the last chapter. The prompt used is "Red Herrings".

It's a slightly longer chapter with references to trauma, mental health problems, and a slightly creepy Maglor.

Lots of love from me!


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.