Who By Fire by polutropos

| | |

Fanwork Notes

A gift fic for firstamazon. 

Fanwork Information

Summary:

A Fëanorian hunter is seriously injured near the Nolofinwëan camp at Lake Mithrim. Though Fingolfin scarcely knew Fëanor's youngest sons, he at once recognises and is drawn to his nephew, whose presence offers him a semblance of closure to the irreparable relationship with his dead half-brother. After taking on the role of Amrod's healer himself, he discovers that their wounds, and their need for each other, run far deeper than he thought.

Major Characters: Amrod, Fingolfin

Major Relationships: Amrod/Fingolfin

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama, Slash

Challenges:

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Check Notes for Warnings, Incest, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Graphic), Suicide, Violence (Moderate)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 5, 052
Posted on 4 May 2023 Updated on 26 June 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

Content warnings: mental instability; past suicide attempt; violent killing of a wild animal reported in dialogue; also note that both characters, but especially the non-POV character, suffer from fluctuating mental stability and the narration is ambiguous about their states of mind when they have sex.

This fic uses the fanon of 'Lightly Toasted Amrod', a canon-conflation/canon-divergence in which Amrod is burned at Losgar (as in 'The Shibboleth of Fëanor') but survives. Chapter ends notes detail this version if you are not famliar. Amrod is the younger twin here; his father name is therefore Telufinwë, Last Finwë. I have also taken from Shibboleth the existence of Fingolfin's youngest son, Argon (Arakáno) and his death at the Battle of Lammoth.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.