On the Starlit Sea by Idrils Scribe

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story began its life as a collection of loosely connected chapters based off Comfortember/Whumptober prompts, hence the chapter titles, but in the telling it grew into a full-fledged AU for ‘The Stars Above the Sea’.

A sequel, covering Elrohir’s return and the events of ‘Northern Skies’ is in the works.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

An alternate universe for the Under Strange Stars series, in which Elrohir goes with Glorfindel instead of running away from him after the events of Under Strange Stars. Together, they journey from Harad's Great Desert into the heart of the Umbarian Empire, to the coast where Galdor’s swan-ship awaits to carry them home.

But danger lurks even on the high seas …

Many thanks to Grundy for all of her excellent beta-reading and brainstorming.

Major Characters: Elrohir, Galdor of the Havens, Glorfindel

Major Relationships: Elrohir & Glorfindel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Adventure, Hurt/Comfort

Challenges:

Rating: Teens

Warnings: Violence (Moderate)

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 25 Word Count: 41, 635
Posted on 23 July 2023 Updated on 6 August 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.

Idrils Scribe has requested the following types of constructive criticism on this fanwork: Characterization, Conflict, Description/Imagery, Fulfilled Intent, Mood/Tone, Organization/Structure, Pacing, Plot, Point of View, Research, Sensitivity Read, Setting, Spelling, Grammar, and Mechanics, Style, Worldbuilding. All constructive criticism must follow our diplomacy guidelines.