The Choices of Spirits by Dawn Felagund

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This story was originally posted 9 June 2006 on LiveJournal. It was written for my friend Unsung Heroine, for her birthday. UH is largely to credit for the popularity of the Haleth/Caranthir pairing, so for her birthday, I gave her her favorite pairing. This story was posted, backdated with revisions, on the SWG archive on 11 July 2013.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Unlucky in love, Caranthir has settled into his lonely life in Middle-earth when love comes from the most unexpected of places: a mortal woman leading a band of refugees upon his land. In the love that grows between Haleth and Caranthir, the two cannot quite overcome the expectations of their people to be together fully, as they wish, and they face the inevitability of separation after death.

Major Characters: Caranthir, Haleth

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Romance

Challenges: Gift of a Story

Rating: Adult

Warnings: Character Death, Mature Themes, Sexual Content (Moderate), Violence (Mild)

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 8, 015
Posted on 9 June 2006 Updated on 9 June 2006

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Thank you, Oshun! Part of it is that I'm starting with the newer stuff and going to the old. Some of that you might not have seen, as it was posted when I first started writing.

I really liked this story on rereading. I was not embarrassed to post this one. :) This is another one that I was honestly surprised I had not posted here yet, that must have just slipped through the cracks.

I started revising--mostly correcting typos--on The Tapestries last night, but that's a relatively long one. That one's next: either up today or tomorrow.