The Blue Boar Inn by oshun

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Crossover! (English history and The Silmarillion) Written for an LJ comment fic challenge for this request from Just_Jenni: "Place the sons of Feanor into a Richard the Third setting in actual history. Any time, any place, but the sons MUST be in character and they MUST have some sort of interaction with Richard."

Richard III and Francis Lovell spend an evening in Leicester at the Blue Boar Inn shortly before the Battle of Bosworth with Silmarillion heroes Maedhros and Maglor. (Intended to work for anyone who knows either of the canons.)

Major Characters: Maedhros, Maglor, Men

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Crossover

Challenges: Another Place in Time

Rating: General

Warnings:

This fanwork belongs to the series

Chapters: 2 Word Count: 1, 399
Posted on 21 November 2013 Updated on 21 November 2013

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


Unusual crossover and works quite well.  Poignant ending with Maglor choosing to sing about the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, although I wonder if it would have been encouraging to Richard.   I appreciated reading your commentary and learning of the similarities between Fingon and Richard III's deaths.  Very Interesting.