Documents from Doriath in Rivendell's Library by UnicornsInSpace

| | |

Fanwork Notes

This is my entry for the November 2023 challenge- Experimental. I saw a prompt on Tumblr that said, "What if there were a bunch of random documents from the First Age that told them Silm that way, and they were compiled by Elrond?" So, I thought, "What if they had modern vital records in Beleriand?" and wrote it that way, with letters and diary entries to fill in the gaps. Hope people enjoy! No beta we die like Thingol after the dwarves put the silmaril the nauglamír haha.
Also, thanks so much to Shihali and Stormfallen from the Linguistics channel of the SWG discord for helping me with these names!! Your help was indispensable!!

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Small pieces of the Silm told through documents from Doriath.

Major Characters: Elrond, Elu Thingol, Galadriel

Major Relationships: Elrond & Galadriel

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Experimental, Family, General, In-Universe Artifact

Challenges: Experimental

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 5 Word Count: 922
Posted on 12 November 2023 Updated on 12 November 2023

This fanwork is complete.

Table of Contents

I had to add Galadriel in this, of course. Also, I wanted her to sound a lot younger here, because she was.

Thanks again to Shihali and Stormfallen for help with the names!!

 


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.