Choice Fruits by cuarthol, Dawn Felagund

| | |

Fanwork Notes

Inspired by Dawn's heart-wrenching story The GiftHeavily suggested you read that fic first for context (and consider leaving a comment if you enjoyed it!)

I was so drawn in by the character of Terentaulë in this story I felt I had to add her part.  Very grateful to Dawn for letting me play with her OC and hope I did her justice.

Fanwork Information

Summary:

Terentaulë makes her choice; but in the end, they were both fruit of the same tree.

Major Characters: Original Female Character(s), Celegorm, Curufin

Major Relationships:

Artwork Type: No artwork type listed

Genre: Drama

Challenges: Understory

Rating: General

Warnings:

Chapters: 1 Word Count: 341
Posted on 26 November 2023 Updated on 26 November 2023

This fanwork is complete.


Comments

The Silmarillion Writers' Guild is more than just an archive--we are a community! If you enjoy a fanwork or enjoy a creator's work, please consider letting them know in a comment.


This was a stunning extended metaphor-as-story! I just loved some of the lines. I swooned at this: "His brother is crisp and tart, full of flavor, rich juices running down her chin and over her fingers.  Blackberry and honey and cinnamon, and she cannot get enough.  Bees in her heart, butterflies in her stomach, blossoms in her eyes ..."

Despite having Terentaule as an OC for coming up on 20 years now and appearing in several of my stories, I've never taken her PoV, and you've done a phenomenal job of it, of showing the other side of the sibling conflict for her affections.

Thank you so much for writing this. <3

It is so deeply gratifying to know I've done an OC justice, thank you so much!!!  As much as your Celegorm just broke my heart, that detail of her torn, having first refused Curufin because she was waiting for Celegorm, just took hold and wouldn't let go.

But honestly the thing that really formed the story in my mind was the apples.  I didn't realize how strong that inspiration would be, and I'm so glad it worked! <3