Call for Artists: 2024 Challenge Stamps

Stamp Creators Needed

One of our traditions where challenges are concerned are our stamps. Create a fanwork for a challenge or comment on one and you will receive a "postage stamp" in your own customized collection. (If you've participated in our challenges in the past seven years, you can view your collections on your profile.)

Despite the prominent Writers in our name, we are also pleased to be able to archive a wide variety of fanworks, including art. One of the ways we hope to spotlight our artists is by featuring their work as part of our stamp collections. If you make traditional or digital art and would be interested in making stamps for one of our challenges this year, read on to learn how!

  • Comment here (or otherwise contact the mods) and we will grant access to a bare-bones list of the 2023 challenges, the number of stamps needed, and the due date. Please note that if you want to remain absolutely unspoiled as to upcoming challenges, then this is probably not for you! We will send additional details on the challenge and specific stamps needed once you choose the challenge you want to work on.
  • Create your set of stamps. You have a lot of creative free rein here. Stamps must meet site specifications, thematically match the challenge that month, and be appropriate for all audiences: no violence, blood/gore, nudity, or sexual content. You must use only art and images that you have permission to use, which means that you must own the copyright or have permission from the copyright holder to use the image for this project, or the image is in the public domain. We will send additional details to artists who sign up. If you have questions (or want those specifications now!), comment here or email the site moderators.
  • Generally three or four stamps are needed each month. Some months have optional stamps, and artists also have the choice to design that month's banner if they want to.
  • Email your completed stamps to the mods before the due date! We will send you a reminder about a month before your stamps are due.

Please note that while we can (and will) credit you as an artist on the challenge page and any announcements about the challenge, we cannot include credit on the stamps themselves or with every appearance of the stamps on our site.

All stamp creators will receive the creator stamp for that month's challenge in their collection.

In participating in this project, you are granting the SWG the right to use your stamps and banner, including any art or photography that they contain, on our website and social media, in accordance with the terms described here. This includes minor modifications, such as resizing graphics to work with the layout of our site.

If you are interested in learning more or gaining access to the sign-up page, please comment here or contact us. The last day to sign up is 31 December 2023.


Posted on 2 December 2023 (updated 27 December 2023) by SWG Moderators